- 7+business days starting at $5.99
- 6business days starting at $6.99
- 4-5business days starting at $9.99
- 3business days starting at $12.99
- 2business days starting at $14.99
- nextbusiness day starting at $16.99
- onehour starting at $19.99
Bulk discounts available. Check Pricing for Details
Pricing above is for light garments only, for darks check pricing.
Posted In T-Shirt Tips
Make Your Own Shirt Design
Are you a great fan of T shirts? Do you want to make your own shirt design? Whether it is for a particular event or occasion or for someone special, you have this T shirt idea going around in your head and you have to get it out. Whatever your reason, you need to consider how to make your own shirt design come alive.
How To Make Your Own Shirt Design – The Basics
Like any good idea, you have to start with the basics. You have to look at it in terms of a project and proceed logically. These initial steps will result, eventually, in you making a sketch or several sketches. In the beginning, though, you need to sit down and deal with the basics before you can actually make your own shirt design.
- Purpose: What is the actual purpose of your design? Is it to advertise something? Is it to make a statement? Is it just going to be an abstract expression? Is it to state your feelings about someone, something, or some cause? You need to be clear on the purpose before you decide to create the design.
- Expression: How do you plan to express the purpose of the design? Are you going to be satiric, comedic, or serious? Will it be through visuals or text?
- Color Scheme: what colors do you see as being right for the design? Will your palette consist of bright, cheerful, or monotone colors, or will it have no color at all?
- Dimensions: Do you want to achieve a 3D look or are you happy with a flatter surface? Colors and shading, as well as the hue of the fabric on which you will print your design, can effect depth perception. Embroidery will also give it a raised surface.
- Symbols: Symbols are one way of setting a mood, or expressing a view or tone. Symbols include the use of specific color, as well as devices. By integrating them correctly into your design, you will communicate quickly your intent.
- Photos: A photo can also be expressive. It can also lend a certain tone to your work. If you plan to use them, be careful in your choice and the colors you employ.
- Symmetrical or Asymmetrical: If you are concerned with balance, you need to look at such things as image placement, and whether the overall design is going to be symmetrical or asymmetrical.
These are basic considerations you need to address before you actually begin to make your own shirt design.
Make Your Own Shirt Design – The Sketch
Once you have a firm concept in mind, you can actually begin to make your own shirt design. Choose your medium and begin to make a sketch. In fact, you need to create several sketches. Use different approaches and color schemes. Take into consideration how they will look on a specific color T shirt. You can also get someone else to critique your design. This may help you tighten up the design elements or settle on one specific design.